Friday, June 13, 2014

Video - making one of my layout backgrounds

Finally I have a video showing how I make my backgrounds. I used my big camera to shoot it - I have a thing that holds my camera on a shelf, but I have only had a poor standard lens. I have a scraproom in the basement and no natural lighting and I only had one of my studio lamps on. Next time I will use both....

The speed is set at 4x the normal speed. So this process still takes less than 30 minutes to complete. Usually I let the clear gesso dry without the fan, the same goes for the misting process to I usually do multiple backgrounds at the same time.  Gesso on 3-4 cardstocks - then the mist and water on several.

Hope you will enjoy it.


9 comments:

  1. Jätteroligt att se hur du jobbar, tack för videon! :) Snyggt blev det också! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! Thanks for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your process. Looking forward to to seeing other process videos. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adored this & will share it on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome!!! Thanks so much for sharing your process!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. Please can we have a slowed down version?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous technique! Can't wait to try it.
    What is the name of the music and singer that you have, playing the background? It's quite haunting and lovely. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete