Monday, November 11, 2013

Sur - Pink Paislee

Today I will show a layout posted on the Pink paislee blog a few weeks back - and watch out - I have more Color Wash layouts coming in the blog today.
Don’t you just love all the canvas decorations that come with the Color Wash Collections, why not make your own too?



 
First, I cut out a piece of  sticky-back canvas and with a grey stamp pad, I stamped right onto the canvas with the Sentiment Series stamps.
Christin Gronnslett october Color Shine 01
Here you can see the final result with the Sentiment stamp that says,  ”I love you so much”.
Christin Gronnslett october Color Shine 07
On the background of the paper, I prepared the background with clear gesso, and the blue is water mixed with water with a water brush. Here and there are a few touches of grey distress stain. (Distress stain is also used on the tag that says hello.)
My second tip of the day concerns distress stains – they are cool to stamp with and goes also very well with the Color Washed look. Underneath, you see which stamp I used with the distress stain. This one is from the Color Wash stamps.
Christin Gronnslett october Color Shine 03
I made the stamping to look very subtle (on top of mist and other distress stain).
Christin Gronnslett october Color Shine 04
I added the title over the top.
Christin Gronnslett october Color Shine 06
And finally, a close up!
Christin Gronnslett october Color Shine 08
I hope I have inspired you a little to start stamping on different medias to get a watercolor look.

2 comments: